Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Winner!




The Colts will be a winner next Sunday...but I'm talking about another winner.

A few years back when Joan was researching icing for cookies for her niece's wedding, she decided the perfect icing was color flow. It is, we like it, have never used anything else. We have to buy our color flow from Michael's, it's not cheap, and we can't decorate without it. There have been many times I have gone to decorate cookies and realize I'm out which means an unplanned trip to the store.

I follow a blog, Cookie Crazie, check her out at www.cookiecrazie.blogspot.com. She does the most absolutely gorgeous cookie decorating I've seen. She uses an icing that contains Karo syrup. I tried it on these. I'm very happy with the results. The color turned out perfect (I couldn't have achieved this dark color with color flow). This icing dries with a nice sheen. The texture is slightly different than color flow, so next time I'll thin it a little so it looks smoother.

It still has to pass one final test--does it freeze well? Time will tell, but I'm guessing a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment